Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spicy Ahi Tuna


What’ up, my Peeps!
It’s been ages since I’ve seen you. I missed you. Did you miss me? I hope you’ve been well. Today, for your pleasure, I have con-cockted this Ahi Tuna Poke. It’s spicy, it’s tasty, and this beats paying $16 for it at the restaurant. You will need all (or at least most) of the items below, plus some Mayo which was too shy for the photo shoot. It was being fussy and having a bad hair day. But I digress….

You Will need:
Palm-sized sushi grade Ahi Tuna steak, diced into small cubes.
2 tsp. Soy sauce
½ tsp. Sesame Seed oil
1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
1 tbsp Mayo-nayo-naise
½ tsp chili paste (optional)
1 tsp rice vinegar (optional)
½ tsp Sesame seeds
1 tbsp chopped cilantro






Here’s “just the tip” before starting: prior to dicing, put the tuna steak in the freezer for about 20 minutes. It’s way easier to dice this way, otherwise you will end up with mashed up tuna blobs, not pretty. Dice the aforementioned tuna into small-ish dice. Mix all other ingredients except sesame seeds in a separate bowl & dump in the tuna dice. Mix thoroughly, refrigerate for about 20 mins.  Serve on a cracker, or just as is. Thank me later with a shoulder massage, ‘cuz this recipe is the shit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment