Thursday, May 24, 2012

Semi- Jerk Chicken Drumsticks



Hello! Welcome! Or rather, I welcome myself back after some time away of not eating. I have something easy for ya’ll today, but this one you have to have a food processor. This cray –hot marinade sauce just doesn’t work any other way, people. So go buy one already.
*Eric: the rosemary sprig in the picture I stole from your garden. Sucker!

Yee shall need:
10 chicken drumsticks, skin removed – or not. I remove the skin.
10 scallions
1 Habanero chile (or a Scotch Bonnet, if you like fire), seeds removed & coarsely chopped
2 tbsp white vinegar
1tbsp thyme( fresh or dried)
1 ½ tsp Allspice
1tbsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
Oil or cooking spray for broiler pan.

Ok. This is what: throw everything but the chicken stumps in the food processor, pulse to death to a pasty obedience. Marinate the chicken stumps in this for about 30 minutes. Preheat broiler to HI, put oven rack in the center of the oven. Hopefully you remembered to do this before preheating the oven, and get to keep your eyebrows and facial skin. Spray broiler pan or oil it up so the chicken don’t stick, slick. Arrange drumsticks in the broiler pan, salt thoroughly some more. Broil on HI (turning once or thrice) for a total of about 30 mins, until delicious charred crusties form. Enjoy, but I caution: this is just as spicy on the way out, as on the way in. Cray!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious and relatively easy to make. I think I'll try to make this next week!

    ReplyDelete